Questo sito utilizza cookies tecnici (necessari) e analitici.
Proseguendo nella navigazione accetti l'utilizzo dei cookie.

For Italian journalists in the U.S.


The United States has no central office responsible for journalists, no “Ministry of Information.” Generally, journalists work without need of official permission. However, each office or event may require individual accreditation. Program officers collect information and provide guidance on the credentialing requirements of each organization or event. However, protocol and security factors prevent Center officials from intervening in the procedures of other organizations. They, not the Foreign Press Center, decide on how many credentials to issue and to whom.

The webpage of the Foreign Press Centers (FPCs) provides all necessary information to apply for media credentials and other information for foreign media.


Washington Foreign Press Center
U.S. Department of State
Bureau of Global Public Affairs
National Press Building
529 14th Street NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20045
Phone: +1 (202) 504-6300 | Fax: +1 (202) 504-6334


New York Foreign Press Center
U.S. Department of State
Bureau of Global Public Affairs
799 U.N. Plaza, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Phone: +1 (646) 282-2830 | Fax: +1 (646) 282-2847



Detailed information on the Press Galleries can be found at: Senate Gallery (for the Senate) and House of Representatives Gallery (for the House of Representatives). In general, however, to cover the U.S. Congress on a permanent basis you need Press Gallery credentials. You need to fill out a form and provide two letters:
(1) A recent letter from the director of the news organization written in English stating you are a correspondent residing in the Washington area and telling the extent to which you will cover Congress.
(2) A letter from the Press Office of the Embassy of Italy confirming your affiliation with the news organization, which must be requested via email at

If approved, pick up the pass at the gallery. Capitol security will complete your clearance and take your photograph for the pass. Gallery membership entails a small fee. Begin the accreditation with the Senate. Once the Senate approves your pass, House of Representative accreditation is usually assured.

Where you go to obtain a pass differs depending on the type of work you do.