This site uses cookies to provide a better experience. Continuing navigation accept the use of cookies by us OK

Registration of Foreign Students to ‘CORSI SINGOLI’ (single courses)


Registration of Foreign Students to ‘CORSI SINGOLI’ (single courses)

All students seeking admission to an Italian university for enrollment in CORSI SINGOLI (one semester or one year program) have to submit their paperwork to the corresponding consular office by the deadline established by the Italian Ministry of Education. Please visit the following link:

All applications must be accompanied by the following documents:

  1. Three application forms (see form below), addressed to the Magnifico Rettore of the University, duly filled out in Italian and signed in front of a consular agent;
  2. Original certificate of attendance issued by the Registrar (or by the Assistant Registrar, Associate Registrar, or Student Record Administrator) of an accredited college or university in the USA stating that the applicant is enrolled with the institution as a "full-time bona fide student" pursuing either a Bachelor, a Master, or a Ph.D. degree (specify how many years the applicant has completed - if in a Bachelor Program, the student must qualify at least as a "Junior"), legalized by the Notary Public and accompanied by the Apostille of the Secretary of State where the academic institution is located. For information on how to obtain an Apostille, click this link;
  3. Italian translation of school certificate of attendance;
  4. 2 passport-size photographs (one of which will be authenticated by the Consular Office);
  5. 2 photocopies of the passport, as well as the original (one of the copies will be authenticated by the Consular office);
  6. the student will furnish the exact address and contact name and information of the Admissions office at the Italian university where the application will be sent by the competent Consulate.

In order for the application to be finalized, the applicant will have to come to the Consulate in person.

Pre-applications are accepted conditionally; the actual enrollment takes place only when individual candidates have passed the exam in the Italian language.

After the enrollment has been finalized, students must obtain an Acceptance Letter from the University before they can ask for the student visa. VISAS must be obtained, prior to leaving the United States, through the competent Consulate.

It is the Consulate's responsibility to forward the completed Corsi Singoli application to the university, but it is the applicant's responsibility to contact the university to verify acceptance and inquire about the Italian language test. Students concerned about receiving credits for their Italian studies should contact their University department advisor prior to their departure.

IMPORTANT: Those students who intend to take Corsi Singoli while in Italy with IES, MUST apply through the competent Consulate. Upon completion of the pre-enrollment procedure, they can proceed with the visa application. It is not necessary to wait for the acceptance letter from the university, as it is in all other cases.

Credits earned in corsi singoli may not be transferred towards an Italian H.Ed. qualification.

For further information please visit:

Per ulteriori informazioni, e per fissare un appuntamento per la consegna dei documenti, clicca qui per i contatti dell'Ufficio Riconoscimento Titoli di Studio presso la Cancelleria Consolare di Washington.


1) All foreign students must pre-enroll through the competent Italian Consular Office by the deadline that has been established by the “Ministero dell’Istruzione, Università e Ricerca”

2) If the foreign student is already in Italy with a regular Student Visa and a “Permesso di Soggiorno” and wants to enroll in a subsequent university course, he/she must ask the “Questura” for an extension of the “Permesso di Soggiorno”; if the extension is granted, the student must send a copy of the renewal to the competent Consulate, together with all the requested documentation for pre-enrollment

3) If the extension of the “Permesso di Soggiorno” is denied and the student cannot obtain a renewal, he/she must return to the United States to pre-enroll through the Competent Consulate and request a new Student Visa by the scheduled times

4) In the case of a renewed “Permesso di Soggiorno” only, the student can have the photo and the signature on the application form authenticated by the local Italian Authorities (“Tribunale”). All others must have them authenticated at the corresponding Consulate at the time of pre-enrollment.